Full Day Jeep Tour from Protaras, Ayia Napa & Larnaca
Daktari pioneers once again by offering a combination of Land-and-sea tour featuring a full day of adventurous swimming and sightseeing across eastern Cyprus. This will be one of the most exciting and interesting experiences you will remember from Cyprus since you will be travelling beyond the “green line”, which divides the two Cypriot communities since 1974.
- Famagusta View Point (the ghost city): We will start by visiting Derynia village and the View Point of Famagusta. Here you will be introduced to how life was in Famagusta including the Varoshia tourist area before the Turkish invasion in 1974.
- Famagusta: Next we will drive towards the checkpoint where we will cross into the North of the island, occupied by the Turkish army, and then pass by the ‘ghost city’ where no visitors are allowed to enter. Furthermore, we will explore the old city with its amazing Venetian walls, take photos, shop around or relax and have a coffee. You may also visit the Othello Tower and from the top take amazing photos.
- Blue Lagoon: After experiencing this unique visit to Famagusta and as the temperature rises, we will make our way towards the beautiful beaches of the East, where we will board our cruise boat and sail along the coastline taking in the views of the various coves and sea caves. Our next stop, one of the highlights of the trip is at the bluest bay, the ‘Blue Lagoon. Famous for its crystal-clear waters here you will be able to relax, swim or snorkel. Snorkelling equipment is provided on board free of charge. During this picturesque and memorable cruise, we will have the opportunity to stop for another swim. A delicious lunch prepared by our chef accompanied by a complimentary local drink will be served on board.
After one of the most memorable days of your life, we will make our way back to the hotels.
- Please remember to take your Passport and Camera with you.
- Full and only guiding will take place at the Famagusta Viewpoint prior to entering the north.
- No guiding will take place on board the boat during the cruise.
- Adverse weather conditions and/or other factors beyond our control may cause the cancellation of the second part of the excursion which includes the boat trip and lunch. In this rare instance, guests will be compensated with €28.00 per adult and €15.00 per child.