Here’s a combination Land-and-Sea tour featuring a full day of adventurous swimming and sightseeing across western Cyprus’ wild coastal frontier, the Akamas Peninsula. Get ready for non-stop thrills, lots of swimming and tons of fun. The itinerary takes in all the ‘’must-see’’ sites and landscapes of this spectacular environmental wonderland.
- The Avakas Gorge: Perhaps Cyprus’ most impressive natural wonder, this deep canyon is famous for the sheer walls of limestone that come narrowly together to form a natural tunnel. A not-too-strenuous walk, duration of 30-40 minutes in total, is required to see the best parts of the Gorge. Decent footwear is advised.
- Lara and the Turtle Conservation Project: We visit one of the most important (and pristine) beaches in the entire Mediterranean, Lara Beach, where the Cyprus Turtle Conservation Project has been saving endangered sea turtles from extinction for three decades. Learn the secrets of these sensitive and delightful sea creatures as we take you through the conservation exhibits at the beach. (Note: Turtle nesting season is June-August; the nests hatch until early October.)
- The Viewpoint: Fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding areas of the Akamas Peninsula and a great opportunity to take some amazing photos.
- The ‘Baths of Aphrodite’: One of the true landmarks of the Akamas, this freshwater spring is connected to the myth of Cyprus’ home-grown Goddess of Love.
- The Blue Lagoon: The North-West peninsula has the most memorable coastline in Cyprus, the incredibly clear turquoise waters, precipitous forested sea cliffs and varied wildlife create a magic landscape with visual impact. To experience this area at its best, we board our special boat to tour the various coves and off-shore islands, look for sea turtles and sponges and stop at the ‘’bluest bay in Cyprus’’ for a relaxed swimming session.
- The Lunch: Included in this adventure package is an extremely memorable lunch featuring an array of freshly prepared local dishes including vegetarian options. Wine, water and lemonade are served complimentary in this all-inclusive meal taken in a comfortable and clean restaurant.
- This full-day adventure includes several sections of “off-road” driving. Dust and bumps are part of the process.
- Adverse weather conditions and/or other factors beyond our control may cause the cancellation of the boat portion of this program.
- In this rare instance, guests shall be compensated EUR20,00 per adult and EUR10,00 per child.